Monday, August 18, 2008

Agency Switch

I realize that I am writing another blog before I even sent out the first blog. I am still trying to figure out how to add photos and to add contacts to this blog system. I will get it all figured out now. The kids are in school as of today and now I can get busy with the endless list of tasks that I have been putting off all summer. The kids and I enjoyed summer break so much and now we are all ready to get back to business!!

Now an update on the adoption front! In the last blog I mentioned working with CHSFS in Minnesota. A couple of weeks ago I stumbled onto an international adoption agency right here in Denver! Wade and I were so excited to find this agency. We feel God's leading again! We were discouraged with the wait time that CHSFS was stressing to us and the next day I read another blog that listed this Denver agency. I quickly googled it and got on the phone. We spoke to this new agency multiple times. We talked to many, many references that have successfully adopted through this them. After prayer, phone calls, and discussion we have decided to switch to this Colorado agency. They are telling us that the wait time to go and pick up the children would be 9-12 months from start to finish-YEAH!! We are continuing to move forward. Our social worker is finally home from a two week vacation and I spoke to her today. She is going to write our report tomorrow!

Please pray that everything will continue to go smoothly. There has been some sensitivity among some Ethiopians lately. In the past they were very eager to have children adopted from their country. Recently, there has been some frowning upon by Ethiopians concerning whites that are coming to "rescue" their orphans and pull them out of Ethiopia. We are beginning to learn that anything can quickly change with adoption. We are praying that adoption relations would continue to be inviting, healthy, and smooth between Ethiopia and other countries.

Shonda

No comments: