I wanted to give a quick update, maybe just to make myself feel better by seeing that the process is unfolding for us. Our homestudy is finally done-almost!! One more addition of when and where we were married by the social worker and it will be complete. It is amazing how a small detail like this takes time to get added as the homestudy gets tossed back and forth between the local and international agencies for pre-approval.
Today our short-version of the home study was turned into the state of Colorado for approval. We will wait only 4-5 business days to get it back. Tomorrow I am going to the Secretary of State to get our dossier documents certified. We should get these back on Thursday. When the homestudy is completely official I can get it certified as well.
Next Wed. we have an appt. to get fingerprinted to submit our I600A form for Immigration. It will take 5-10 weeks to get this Immigration Form returned to us. I have learned that this is called the "Golden Ticket"so we will be anxious to get it back. The "Golden Ticket" officially states that we are cleared for International Adoption.
I realize this might be boring details to you, but to us it is a matter of checking one thing after another off the list. It also leads us a few steps closer to bringing our sweet children home. I am so excited I can't stand it!
Please pray that these next steps will go smoothly. Pray that our immigration comes back closer to 5 weeks rather than 10. Next week we can be put on the wait list with our agency if our dossier is approved!! Yeah!! Thanks for your prayers.
Shonda
Build A Stronger Family ... Read this!
9 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment