Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Tap, Tap, STOP.... We Have A COURT DATE!!!!!!!!!!!

That's right Ladies and Gentlemen!! I know I am a little slap-happy right now, but I have a right to be!! We are elated today as we celebrate that we officially have a court date!! The date is June 9th. God had to beat me over the head with a bat before we got the date but I finally figured things out and he delivered! This morning I was listening to KLOVE (my favorite Christian radio station) after dropping the kids off from school. I was listening to that song that I think is called, "Finally Home." I have loved that song in the past but probably more just the tune and sound of it. Today the words just spoke to me. The song talks about God being our daddy and finally being home with him at his throne. I have been struggling with when this court date would be so much lately. I keep thinking that it is in God's hands and that in his timing but I don't think I internalized all of that until this morning while listening to that song. I realized that I parent my kids constantly and always want the best for them, I guide them, and make them wait for things that I know they should. I finally completely understood and allowed God to be God the Father or dad! I felt complete peace in realizing that indeed everything is in his control, and he will time things perfectly. I think this was the first peaceful moment since this crazy adoption process has started. It was so freeing to finally just let go and give it all to God. Then guess what....not even two hours later our coordinator called and announced to me that we had a court date. God is good! He is awesome and he delivered at lighting speed as soon as I let him take over. I realized that just as I want to reward and bless my kids God has so many blessings available for us all once we completely trust him and just let go of the worries that we carry around! It has been so amazing to see God at work today in my life. He confirmed to me once again that he really does care about each and everyone of us and our struggles.

I will update more later, but just wanted to share the date. It sounds like we will more than likely travel sometime in July to pick up Zoey Abebu and Tatem Mesay. YES!!!!

2 comments:

Kendell said...

YAY Shonda! Congrats on the QUICK court date...not too much longer!!!

Kendell

The Andersons said...

So exciting!!!! With out June 4th date - maybe we'll travel together!?