Friday, June 26, 2009

Meet Muggles

Isn't Muggles cute????
Faith is so excited about a new dog!
OK, so yes we are crazy!! Wade and I said that we would never have a dog especially under the circumstances of getting ready to bring home Zoey and Tatem. Blake has been begging for a dog and at the same time my cousin was in need of giving up her cock-a-poo. Muggles was in Iowa at grandma's until a home could be found for her. Well we were in Iowa visiting family, we met Muggles, and the kids fell in love with her. Last Thursday the three kids, dog, and I drove 14 hours back from Iowa and now we have Muggles. She is a great dog and already house broken and sleeps great. I wanted to post some pictures for you. Surprisingly Blake is doing great with her despite his asthma and pet allergies. He hasn't had any problems, I guess those allergy shots do work. On the other hand, I am having asthma issues so we will have to see, but poor Muggles has had many, many homes lately so we are hoping and praying that mamma feels better.

No new news on the adoption front. We are continuing to pray for Zoey's tb test to come back negative. In the meantime we are temporarily holding flights, reserving guest house reservations, and preparing all that we need to think about packing and donating to ET when we go.

3 comments:

Stroup Family said...

Muggles is perfect!
YEA for passing court! Praying that you will be able to pick up both Zoey and Tatum at the end of July!!!
Shari and family

K said...

Your journey is so exciting and it sounds like you are getting very close. We understand about the tb test. Our children were tested when they arrived home and we are treating one child for inactive tb. Praise God we got her when we did so that she could be spared this illness (among other things!) Shad and Jen Kayser

Anonymous said...

You are crazy Shonda. He is too cute though. I hope it is OK that mom gave me your blog so I could keep up to date with your progress. I will be praying that God will go before you all in these next weeks.
I just met my girl friend's little boy Max who was adopted from Etheopia last fall. He is so beautiful. They have lived in Alaska and are here in Colorado for the summer before they move to Russia. They are also awaiting an adoption from China that has been ongoing for 3 years. What a journey. can't wait to meet your new additions.

Heidi Gonzales